The Effingham Armory is a 20,400 square foot, two-story building constructed in 1958. McDonough-Whitlow, P.C. was the subconsultant for the structural, civil, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing design for the design of a 2,700 s.f. addition including storage space and weapons vault, new drive and retaining wall. The work also included renovating approximately 2,600 s.f. of storage space to new office space and an additional locker room.
McDonough-Whitlow was the prime consultant on a second project for upgrading the electrical and mechanical systems. Electrical work included replacing the distribution system, building grounding, and conduits. Mechanical work included replacing boilers and the HVAC system and controls, updating ductwork, replacing piping and fixtures, remodeling restrooms, upgrading the domestic and hot water distribution systems, replacing sanitary sewer lines, and abating asbestos-containing materials.
EWR Associates, Inc.